Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Homemade Limoncello










 I've never made Limoncello before but have wanted to for years! I searched the internet over and over for a recipe that had a long steeping time and this is the one I found. ~Patty's Recipe from California
So far I have only done Step 1. I used the zest of 21 California grown lemons....I hand peeled the first 2 lemons but I was getting little bits of the white so I switched gears to zesting instead. I had quick results as far as the color of the brew changing from clear to bright yellow so I'm thinking it's going to be a good batch!!! Tune in in 2 weeks (October 27th) for Step 2! I should mention too that I used Tito's Vodka from Austin Texas. They have excellent ratings! Beating out Grey Goose & Kettle One among others!

No comments: