Saturday, January 19, 2008

Easy Recipe for Coconut Ice


Hello Naomi posted a couple of gorgeous pix of her pink and white treats COCONUT ICE! She reminded me of how much I love this special treat and how easy it is to make : ) I made some last night and kind of put a little twist on it : )

Recipe as follows:

In a large mixing bowl combine (on low speed):

1 lb. confectioners sugar (about 4 cups)
I and 1/2 bags of Sweetend Coconut
1 can of Sweetend Condensed Milk
1 t. Vanilla extract

You will have to scrape the mixing bowl a few times. Make sure it's all good and mixed (it will be VERY sticky!). Remove about 1/2 of the mixture and press into a 7 X 7 in pan lined with waxed paper. I dipped my hands in powdered sugar before pressing because this stuff is like sticky glue!
Add a couple of drops of Red food coloring into the remaining 1/2 of the mixture and mix until a nice pretty pink color emerges. You can tint it any color you choose depending upon the holidays! Green for St. Patty's Day, Orange for Halloween etc.
Now press this layer on top of the white layer.

I added a chocolate layer to mine and it makes it more like a Mounds Candy bar!!! Mmmm yummy!
If desired melt about 1/2 bag of chocolate chips with a couple of T. of half and half and spread evenly over the top. Cover with foil or plastic wrap . Chill for a few hours or it's best to chill it over night.
Use your sharpest non serrated edge knife and cut into squares. I got about 50 pieces. They're very rich and look beautiful laid on their sides so you can see the three layers!
Keeps well in the freezer.

Super duper easy recipe ~ great for making with kids because it's no bake!

Thanks again Naomi! I had forgotten all about COCONUT ICE! I'm so glad to have made it again and this time with a twist~ I bet chopped up cherry chips would be delish to add too...

No comments: